TERMS OF SERVICE
These terms of service (“Terms”) apply to your access and use of Director (the “Service”). Please read them carefully.
Accepting these Terms
If you access or use the Service, it means you agree to be bound by all of the terms below. So, before you use the Service, please read all of the terms. If you don’t agree to all of the terms below, please do not use the Service. Also, if a term does not make sense to you, please let us know by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Changes to these Terms
We reserve the right to modify these Terms at any time. For instance, we may need to change these Terms if we come out with a new feature or for some other reason.
Whenever we make changes to these Terms, the changes are effective after we post such revised Terms (indicated by revising the date at the top of these Terms) or upon your acceptance if we provide a mechanism for your immediate acceptance of the revised Terms (such as a click-through confirmation or acceptance button). It is your responsibility to check Director for changes to these Terms.
If you continue to use the Service after the revised Terms go into effect, then you have accepted the changes to these Terms.
When you create an account or use another service to log in to the Service, you agree to maintain the security of your password and accept all risks of unauthorized access to any data or other information you provide to the Service.
If you discover or suspect any Service security breaches, please let us know as soon as possible.
Your Content & Conduct
Our Service allows you and other users to post, link and otherwise make available content. You are responsible for the content that you make available to the Service, including its legality, reliability, and appropriateness.
When you post, link or otherwise make available content to the Service, you grant us the right and license to use, reproduce, modify, publicly perform, publicly display and distribute your content on or through the Service. We may format your content for display throughout the Service, but we will not edit or revise the substance of your content itself.
Aside from our limited right to your content, you retain all of your rights to the content you post, link and otherwise make available on or through the Service.
You can remove the content that you posted by deleting it. Once you delete your content, it will not appear on the Service, but copies of your deleted content may remain in our system or backups for some period of time.
You may not post, link and otherwise make available on or through the Service any of the following:
- Content that is libelous, defamatory, bigoted, fraudulent or deceptive;
- Content that is illegal or unlawful, that would otherwise create liability;
- Content that may infringe or violate any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, right of privacy, right of publicity or other intellectual or other right of any party;
- Mass or repeated promotions, political campaigning or commercial messages directed at users who do not follow you (SPAM);
- Private information of any third party (e.g., addresses, phone numbers, email addresses, Social Security numbers and credit card numbers); and
- Viruses, corrupted data or other harmful, disruptive or destructive files or code.
Also, you agree that you will not do any of the following in connection with the Service or other users:
- Use the Service in any manner that could interfere with, disrupt, negatively affect or inhibit other users from fully enjoying the Service or that could damage, disable, overburden or impair the functioning of the Service;
- Impersonate or post on behalf of any person or entity or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;
- Collect any personal information about other users, or intimidate, threaten, stalk or otherwise harass other users of the Service;
- Create an account or post any content if you are not over 13 years of age years of age; and
- Circumvent or attempt to circumvent any filtering, security measures, rate limits or other features designed to protect the Service, users of the Service, or third parties.
We put a lot of effort into creating the Service including, the logo and all designs, text, graphics, pictures, information and other content (excluding your content). This property is owned by us or our licensors and it is protected by U.S. and international copyright laws. We grant you the right to use it.
However, unless we expressly state otherwise, your rights do not include: (i) publicly performing or publicly displaying the Service; (ii) modifying or otherwise making any derivative uses of the Service or any portion thereof; (iii) using any data mining, robots or similar data gathering or extraction methods; (iv) downloading (other than page caching) of any portion of the Service or any information contained therein; (v) reverse engineering or accessing the Service in order to build a competitive product or service; or (vi) using the Service other than for its intended purposes. If you do any of this stuff, we may terminate your use of the Service.
Hyperlinks and Third Party Content
You may create a hyperlink to the Service. But, you may not use, frame or utilize framing techniques to enclose any of our trademarks, logos or other proprietary information without our express written consent.
DataMesh makes no claim or representation regarding, and accepts no responsibility for third party websites accessible by hyperlink from the Service or websites linking to the Service. When you leave the Service, you should be aware that these Terms and our policies no longer govern.
If there is any content on the Service from you and others, we don’t review, verify or authenticate it, and it may include inaccuracies or false information. We make no representations, warranties, or guarantees relating to the quality, suitability, truth, accuracy or completeness of any content contained in the Service. You acknowledge sole responsibility for and assume all risk arising from your use of or reliance on any content.
Unavoidable Legal Stuff
THE SERVICE AND ANY OTHER SERVICE AND CONTENT INCLUDED ON OR OTHERWISE MADE AVAILABLE TO YOU THROUGH THE SERVICE ARE PROVIDED TO YOU ON AN AS IS OR AS AVAILABLE BASIS WITHOUT ANY REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND. WE DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES AND REPRESENTATIONS (EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, ORAL OR WRITTEN) WITH RESPECT TO THE SERVICE AND CONTENT INCLUDED ON OR OTHERWISE MADE AVAILABLE TO YOU THROUGH THE SERVICE WHETHER ALLEGED TO ARISE BY OPERATION OF LAW, BY REASON OF CUSTOM OR USAGE IN THE TRADE, BY COURSE OF DEALING OR OTHERWISE.
IN NO EVENT WILL DataMesh BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY SPECIAL, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, EXEMPLARY OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SERVICE OR ANY OTHER SERVICE AND/OR CONTENT INCLUDED ON OR OTHERWISE MADE AVAILABLE TO YOU THROUGH THE SERVICE, REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF ACTION, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT, STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES OR ARE AWARE OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. OUR TOTAL LIABILITY FOR ALL CAUSES OF ACTION AND UNDER ALL THEORIES OF LIABILITY WILL BE LIMITED TO THE AMOUNT YOU PAID TO DataMesh. THIS SECTION WILL BE GIVEN FULL EFFECT EVEN IF ANY REMEDY SPECIFIED IN THIS AGREEMENT IS DEEMED TO HAVE FAILED OF ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE.
You agree to defend, indemnify and hold us harmless from and against any and all costs, damages, liabilities, and expenses (including attorneys’ fees, costs, penalties, interest and disbursements) we incur in relation to, arising from, or for the purpose of avoiding, any claim or demand from a third party relating to your use of the Service or the use of the Service by any person using your account, including any claim that your use of the Service violates any applicable law or regulation, or the rights of any third party, and/or your violation of these Terms.
We take intellectual property rights seriously. In accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”) and other applicable law, we have adopted a policy of terminating, in appropriate circumstances and, at our sole discretion, access to the service for users who are deemed to be repeat infringers.
The validity of these Terms and the rights, obligations, and relations of the parties under these Terms will be construed and determined under and in accordance with the laws of the State of Washington, without regard to conflicts of law principles.
You expressly agree that exclusive jurisdiction for any dispute with the Service or relating to your use of it, resides in the courts of the State of Washington and you further agree and expressly consent to the exercise of personal jurisdiction in the courts of the State of Washington located in Redmond, Washington connection with any such dispute including any claim involving Service. You further agree that you and Service will not commence against the other a class action, class arbitration or other representative action or proceeding.
If you breach any of these Terms, we have the right to suspend or disable your access to or use of the Service.
These Terms constitute the entire agreement between you and DataMesh regarding the use of the Service, superseding any prior agreements between you and DataMesh relating to your use of the Service.
Please let us know what you think of the Service, these Terms and, in general, Director. When you provide us with any feedback, comments or suggestions about the Service, these Terms and, in general, Director, you irrevocably assign to us all of your right, title and interest in and to your feedback, comments and suggestions.
Questions & Contact Information
Questions or comments about the Service may be directed to us at the email address email@example.com
Collection of Information
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information when you participate in any interactive features of our services, fill out a form, request customer support, provide any contact or identifying information or otherwise communicate with us. The types of information we may collect include your name, email address, postal address, credit card information and other contact or identifying information you choose to provide.
Information We Collect Automatically When You Use the Services
When you access or use our services, we automatically collect information about you, including:
- Log Information: We log information about your use of our services, including the type of browser you use, access times, pages viewed, your IP address and the page you visited before navigating to our services.
- Device Information: We collect information about the computer you use to access our services, including the hardware model, and operating system and version.
- Location Information: We may collect information about the location of your device each time you access or use one of our mobile applications or otherwise consent to the collection of this information.
- Information Collected by Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies: We use various technologies to collect information, and this may include sending cookies to your computer. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in your device memory that helps us to improve our services and your experience, see which areas and features of our services are popular and count visits. We may also collect information using web beacons (also known as “tracking pixels”). Web beacons are electronic images that may be used in our services or emails and to track count visits or understand usage and campaign effectiveness.
For more details about how we collect information, including details about cookies and how to disable them, please see “Your Information Choices” below.
Information We Collect From Other Sources
In order to provide you with access to the Service, or to provide you with better service in general, we may combine information obtained from other sources (for example, a third-party service whose application you have authorized or used to sign in) and combine that with information we collect through our services.
Use of Information
We use information about you for various purposes, including to:
- Provide, maintain and improve our services;
- Provide services you request, process transactions and to send you related information;
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages;
- Respond to your comments, questions and requests and provide customer service;
- Communicate with you about news and information related to our service;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with our services; and
- Personalize and improve our services.
By accessing and using our services, you consent to the processing and transfer of your information in and to the United States and other countries.
Sharing of Information
We may share personal information about you as follows:
- With third party vendors and other service providers who need access to your information to carry out work on our behalf.
- If we believe disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request;
- To enforce applicable user agreements or policies, including our Terms of Service and to protect us, our users or the public from harm or illegal activities;
- In connection with any merger, sale of DataMesh assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company; and
We may also share aggregated or anonymized information that does not directly identify you.
Third Party Analytics
We take reasonable measures to help protect personal information from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.
Your Information Choices
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of our services.
You may opt out of receiving any promotional emails from us by following the instructions in those emails. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional communications, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations.